This is supposed to be a salad found over multiply delicious, but I used it as a main dish. Added some corn as a side for a vegetable and a slice of french bread. Simply delicious, fresh and oh so healthy.
1. 2 Chicken breasts (fat trimmed off)
2. 1 jar of your favorite balsamic vinegar salad dressing
3. 1 20 oz package cheese Tortellini
4. 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
5. 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
6. salt and pepper to taste
7. 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
8. 1/2 cup fresh chopped basil
9. 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
10. 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
1. Marinate chicken in balsamic vinegar (leaving 1/2 cup out for later). I recommend marinating overnight.
2. Once chicken is marinated, cook thoroughly in pan.
3. Once chicken is cooked through, add chopped bell pepper and saute for additional 2 minutes.
4. Once chicken has cooled, dice.
5. Cook Tortellini as instructed on package.
6. While tortellini is cooking, chop remaining vegetables and mix remaining balsamic vinegar with dijon mustard.
7. Once tortellini is cooked, drizzle with 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil.
8. Combine all ingredients and enjoy.