Although this blog is aimed towards turning not so great recipes into a healthier version, sometimes you just have to not be so healthy... I made this cake tonight. It was amazing and was so hard to limit myself to one piece.
1. Yellow Cake Mix (no I didn't make this from scratch)
2. 3 eggs
3. 16 tablespoons melted butter
4. 4 cups powdered sugar
5. 1 tablespoon vanilla
6. 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
Directions: (We start out with baking my heating the oven this time to 350)
1. Combine the cake mix, 1 egg, and 8 tablespoons melted butter. By combine I mean get them combined so the mixture is nice and smooth.
2. Put mixture into bottom of pan. (I used a 9x9 square pan)
3. Whip cream cheese in bowl until smooth.
4. Combine remaining melted butter, eggs, vanilla to cream cheese
5. Once smooth, gradually add in powdered sugar.
6. Pour mixture over cake mixture already in pan.
7. Bake for about 40 minutes.
Tips: You may want to check the cake at 35 minutes. The cake will not be completly cooked through. It should be nice and gooey. You can cut back on the powdered sugar if wanting to cut the calories in this a little, but I will admit I didn't!